Welcome to the Pohutukawa Coast Bike Club
MARAETAI FOREST NOW CLOSED FOR LOGGING – DO NOT ENTER PLEASE.
WHITFORD FOREST IS NOW OPEN PLEASE RIDE THERE. (DEC 13) We have professional trackbuilders upgrading the Whitford tracks for summer riding. Check out the renovations on Breadheads. (Do not ride Breadheads on Sundays when archery is underway there – self explanatory).
The club was formed in January 2010 by a group of local mountain bikers who were keen to develop some decent mountain bike tracks in East Auckland and gain legal access to ride in the Whitford and Maraetai forests.
The majority of our members to date are mountain bikers, the Maraetai forest caters for cross country and downhill riders with Whitford mainly cross country. Since then, their has been more tracks being built, the funding and purchase of two purpose built trailers for developing regular shuttle ride days for members to enjoy in order to keep vehicular traffic to a minimum.
We are affiliated with Bike NZ and the club is also set up to cater for road bikers and multisporters when interest grows.
Membership has grown to over 450 members in our forth year and the committee are working to build and maintain more and tracks for all year round riding and encourage more people into riding.
Thank you to the following sponsors for supporting the bike club.
* Whitford Community Charitable Trust - shuttle trailers
* Beachlands Hammer Hardware – timber
* Pub Charity – Downhill development squad timing equipment
*Torpedo 7 – prizes
* Kenda – mountain bike tyres
* Phil Manchester – Autographs, Manukau – New club logo
* Kitchen Craft Ltd, East Tamaki – donation
* Mike Adams – Adams Landscapes – metal
* Manukau City Council -shuttle trailers
* Carters – hardware