Welcome to the Pohutukawa Coast Bike Club
MARAETAI FOREST IS NOW CLOSED. LOGGING IS UNDERWAY PLEASE RIDE IN WHITFORD.
MOST OF WHITFORD FOREST IS OPEN TOO. (Do not ride Breadheads on Sundays when archery is underway there – self explanatory). Forest is closed up the back as logging trucks are heading out the quarry. Do not ride past the tape.
The club was formed in January 2010 by a group of local mountain bikers who were keen to develop some decent mountain bike tracks in East Auckland and gain legal access to ride in the Whitford and Maraetai forests which is on private land.
The majority of our members to date are mountain bikers, but also walkers and runners too. The Maraetai forest caters for cross country and downhill riders with Whitford mainly cross country. Since then, there has been more tracks being built, the funding and purchase of two purpose built trailers for developing regular shuttle ride days for members to enjoy in order to keep vehicular traffic to a minimum. We are currently in the process of applying for funding to build professional tracks once logging is complete in both forests.
We are affiliated with Bike NZ and the club is also set up to cater for road bikers and multisporters when interest grows.
Thank you to the following sponsors for supporting the bike club.
* Whitford Community Charitable Trust 2014 – Major donation to our track building fund
*Expedio Industrial Property 2014 – Donation to our track building fund
* Pub Charity 2014 – Donation to our trackbuilding fund
* Clevedon Village Medical Centre 2014 – Donation to our trackbuilding fund
* Whitford Community Charitable Trust - shuttle trailers
* Beachlands Hammer Hardware – timber
* Pub Charity – Downhill development squad timing equipment
*Torpedo 7 – prizes
* Kenda – mountain bike tyres
* Phil Manchester – Autographs, Manukau – New club logo
* Kitchen Craft Ltd, East Tamaki – donation
* Mike Adams – Adams Landscapes – metal
* Manukau City Council -shuttle trailers
* Carters – hardware